Fun ways to treat your littles this holiday season.
Christmas is more than a holiday or a time of year, it’s a feeling. It’s the memories created while eating treats and watching A Charlie Brown Christmas or A Christmas Story with family and remembering when we were kids watching the same movies for the first time.
The best part of this holiday feeling is the love and happiness we see on everyone’s face when the Christmas treats arrive. If your mini me’s are anything like mine, they’ll love making these super cute and totally yummy treats to watch with their favorite holiday classics!
We’ve all heard of wine and cheese pairings. Well, let’s have Christmas Treats and Classic Holiday TV pairings for our little loves.
Pairing 1: Rudoph the Red Nose Reindeer & Reindeer Cracker Snacks
We’ll start with my favorite classic holiday cartoon: Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. This is an absolute throw-back gem and what a better way for the littles, and you, to enjoy this classic than with easy-to-make Reindeer Cracker Snacks!
This recipe only requires the amount of time between commercial breaks, with time to spare for pouring a glass of wine. You’ll need: peanut butter or almond butter, round crackers, pretzel twists, mini chocolate chips and red M&M’s.
Spread the peanut butter on each cracker, and press two pretzels twists into the peanut butter to make antlers. Then add two mini chocolate chips for the eyes and one red M&M for the nose and voila! Pour the wine and we are ready to enjoy our pairing with the littles! Plus, they’ll enjoy making these on their own, too.
Pairing 2: Santa Claus is Coming to Town & Strawberries and Whipped Cream
For our second pairing, we’ll jump to another holiday fave, Santa Claus is Coming to Town. What better pairing for this classic than strawberries and whipped cream. Fresh red strawberries are perfect for Santa’s coat and hat, and the whipped cream is just right for the beard. Plus, who doesn’t love tipping back the whipped cream can – come on, we all have!
For our Mini Strawberry Santa’s, all we’ll need is a box of strawberries, heavy whipping cream (I take the easy road with a can of Reddi Whip), chocolate sprinkles and confectionery sugar.
- First, hull the strawberries and cut them in half so that they stand up on a plate.
- Slice the tip of each strawberry to make the “hat” and set the “hat” aside.
- Beat the cream and confectioners’ sugar in a bowl until soft peaks form.
- Spoon a dollop of the whipped cream on top of the strawberry base for Santa’s face and beard, then place the hat on, use the sprinkles for eyes.
- But don’t forget the best part – save a strawberry for the Prosecco, because that’s it. Super easy and fun for both you and the kiddos while enjoying another classic.
Pairing 3: Frosty the Snowman & Melting Snowman Oreo Balls
This last pairing is probably the yummiest – Frosty the Snowman with Melting Snowman Oreo Balls – I can’t even say it without smiling. You and the littles will need cream cheese, Oreo cookies, vanilla candy coating, and large sprinkles for decorating.
- To start, mix the cream cheese and cookies. You’ll have to crush the Oreos into crumbs first.
- Once that’s blended, shape the mixture into 1-inch balls and freeze for at least 20 minutes before dipping into the chocolate.
- Once dipped, place on a shallow waxed paper lined pan, allowing excess coating to pool at the bottom of each ball.
- Chill the treats and let the coating set, and then decorate and enjoy!
These are so much fun, because they look like a melted snowman and taste like Christmas! The littles will have so much fun making these with you, and the best part will be the memories made which they will re-live each time the see one of these holiday classics.