Sometimes a really good wardrobe basic comes along, and we just have to shout it out from the rooftops. I love a bodysuit any day of the week. And since we occasionally cover this topic, I get questions from readers asking how to style a bodysuit and even how to put on a bodysuit – both of which are valid questions. So we’re sharing a quick tutorial on how to wear and style – and get into and out of – some of my favorite body suits on the planet.
A Favorite Basic Bodysuit
We’ve previously written about a favorite basic bodysuit – the First Love bodysuit from stāBody, a California-based line. I love this line of comfortable bodysuits that actually double as shape-wear. And while they did provide product for purposes of this article, I would not write about them if I didn’t love them (see our full disclosure).
How To Put On The stāBody First Love Body Suit
At first glance, this bodysuit can seem confusing. But you’ll quickly find that the design is really well thought out. In the front, the top of the underwear portion is sewn into the bodice’s hemline of the suit. But in the back, they’re not sewn together, so it looks more like a separate cami and thong underwear.
Here’s where the first (and in my opinion, the most important) benefit comes in.
You know when you’re wearing a regular bodysuit, and you find yourself out and about, having to use the ladies room?
With any other bodysuit, you’d have to completely undress just to use the bathroom. But with the First Love, you simply pull down the underwear portion of the suit from the back, and you may take care of business as you normally would.
No getting undressed. No uncomfortable zippers or buttons or any of that.
This is simple, this is comfortable, and this makes sense.
So… here’s how you put it on.
- Slip into it, feet first. Put your feet through the top, and then through the underwear portion.
- Pull up, situating the thongs over your hips before putting your arms through the armholes and adjusting.
That’s it. It stays put beautifully, and is just as easy to remove.
And here’s how you take it off.
- Pull it all the way down and step out. That was easy.
BUT… If you’re just using the bathroom, all you need to do is pull the thong portion down in back, and sit on the toilet as you normally would. No need to pull your entire top off! I hope you can picture this in your head – I wasn’t brave enough to take a photo of me doing this just yet!
A Special Deal For You!
You can shop stā body and use our exclusive code, LUXYMOM20, for 20% off your order!
Other Basic Bodysuit Styles
Because we all need options, and because it’s just not possible for every person to love every line…. here are some other bodysuit options for you. These are my favorite basic styles I’ve found. And you can style so many outfits around this basic wardrobe piece. Even add these to your capsule wardrobes.
The Many Ways To Style A Bodysuit
Here are five ways I like to wear a very basic bodysuit. They really can be worn almost anywhere!
- Wear a basic tank top style to the gym. It looks great with a pair of leggings, and stays put nicely. I do like the stāBody version for this purpose.
- Wear a bodysuit with a maxi or midi skirt out for cocktails. I prefer a skirt style that is somewhat high-waisted and sits at the small of your waistline for the best effect.
- Wear it lounging around the house. It pairs nicely as well with a pair of stylish and comfy joggers.
- Wear it under a lacy or sheer top for more coverage. You don’t have to show your bra under a see-through top!
- Wear it under a blazer with jeans, for a grown-up cocktail look.
Bookmark This Post
Don’t forget to Pin the images in this article so you’ll always have it handy!
Another amazing read
Read our full interview with stā body Founder Stefanie Manhal!