Let me ask you a question. When was the last time you used a skincare product for the recommended six to eight weeks before judging how well it worked? I’m going to guess NEVER. So let me tell you what happens when you stick with a skincare routine for the recommended time period. I’m also including some fun tips on how to stick with a skincare routine and any easy way to build a skincare routine if you’ve never done it before. Plus, I’ll tell you what happened when I used the Saranghae 5 step Korean skincare line for a full 90 days!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Saranghae, an amazing Korean skincare brand. As with all my sponsored posts, you can be sure that I’m actually using and loving this line. And you can read my full editorial and affiliate disclosure here.
Why You Should Stick With A Skincare Routine For At Least Six to Eight Weeks
It’s super easy to be swayed by marketing these days. I’m incredibly guilty of being a product junkie. I love getting instant gratification from my skincare products. I just love the way they can instantly make my skin look dewey, smooth, and radiant.
But did you realize that these instant upgrades are just superficial? And did you know it takes six to eight weeks to see the benefits of your skincare routine?
According to Saranghae’s website, “it can sometimes take up to 5-6 weeks to see a major difference.” So you need to stick with a skincare routine for this full time period!
And I’m not being biased about one skincare line (I’ve used many in my lifetime). This is factual information from the medical world. Medical professionals agree it takes time to see actual results from your skincare products. Here are a few more quotes from skincare professionals.
- According to cosmetic doctor David Jack in an interview with Refinery29, “As a rule of thumb, the more work that needs to be done on a cellular level, the longer it’ll take to see the difference. If it needs to actually change the cells’ behavior, you can’t expect results within less than a few weeks.”
- And according to BeautyRx’s Dr. Schultz, “On average, it takes four to six weeks to see any real difference from the skin care products that you’ve just started using. Some products may create results overnight, some in two weeks, but this four to six week window allows a full skin-cell turnover to take place, which is when you can usually start to see all the benefits from your new skin care products.”
[bctt tweet=”Here’s why you need to stick with a new skincare product or routine for 4-6 weeks to see meaningful changes in your skin. ” username=”@luxymomofficial”]
What Happened To My Skin When I Used My Saranghae Products For 90 Days
Here’s What They Say Happens If You Stick To A Skincare Routine Long Enough
- Day 1 to 15: On Saranghae’s website, they say that the first two weeks are about cleansing your skin and giving you a solid foundation, freeing your skin of free radicals and beginning to repair damaged skin. You’ll expect your skin to glow a bit more, but you may not see any major changes yet, aside from that bit of instant gratification.
- Day 15 to Day 30: Now that your skin is clean, the products can penetrate the deepest layers of your skin, filling them with “antioxidants, amino acids, and peptides with anti-elastase and anti-hyaluronidase properties.” This helps your skin to regenerate and prevents free radicals from attacking it. The dermal layer of your skin will become stronger, giving you a truly smoother and more youthful appearance. You can expect to see some decrease in lines, wrinkles, sagging and age spots.
- Day 30 to Day 45: Now that your skin has begun to heal and regenerate, the products form a protective layer around your skin, from the outer layer down to the cells within. You can expect to see more marked decreases in lines, wrinkles, sagging, and age spots, as the products are now working at the cellular level to “fight the production of enzymes, elastase, and hyaluronidase,” and oxidative stress from free radicals.
- Days 45+: While no products will truly stop father time, “Saranghae greatly decreases the visible signs of aging and is clinically shown to slow down the aging process by up to 300%.” Lesson learned – you can expect results to become more noticeable over time.
Here’s What Happened To My Skin
As mentioned earlier and as I wrote about in my Saranghae review, I noticed an impressive improvement in my skin in just the first 20 days. Their products made my skin feel completely hydrated, like no other product I’ve tried. And I mean, these products outperform some of the most expensive and “luxurious” products on the market. But I knew I had to stick to a skincare routine for it to really work, so I committed.
Over time, I also began to notice that my dark spots on my cheeks began to lighten. I had to go back to the product literature to confirm this was even a benefit I should expect from these products. And I was delighted to find out that it, in fact, was.
I’ve noticed that when I’m using the entire routine consistently, I have literally almost no elevens. These are the vertical lines which we’d call the “furrow” in your brow when you frown. My crow’s feet have also literally gone down by about half. They’d been so bad, I was noticing it in my Instagram photos and worried I’d need to start Botox. But Saranghae has literally saved me from this fate (for now) by giving me an amazing long-term result.
I used their products for a full 90 days, and I couldn’t be happier. I will continue to purchase them long after this post (in fact, I just placed an order today). And I highly recommend you give them a try.
How To Build A Skincare Routine If You’ve Never Done It Before
What To Look For In A Good Skin Care Routine
According to the New York Times, a good skin care routine should include the following steps:
- Cleansers: Find a good formula that won’t strip your skin of essential oils, and only exfoliate once a week.
- Toners: Look for formulas that include alpha hydroxy acids, hyaluronic acid, rose water and green tea, and vitamins c and e.
- Serums: Use serums with hyaluronic acid; vitamin c; retinol, vitamin b3, and peptides; and colloidal sulfur and niacinamide.
- Moisturizers: Use a day cream in the day, a night cream at night, and an eye cream. They all do different things!
- Sunscreens: This is a given – wear it every day to prevent aging from sun damage!
- Take The Easy Way – Start With the 5 Step System from Saranghae
I’ll say that Saranghae honestly makes the skincare process so easy. There’s not a lot of thinking involved. Just purchase and use the entire 5 step system. And remember – you need to stick to a skincare routine for it to really work its magic, so have patience.
Normally, I’ve always looked for a customized solution; however, since I’ve personally seen such great results, I can say I’m a fan of this line. If you’re starting to build a good skin care system for yourself, give it a try for yourself. Click below to purchase all of the products.